This is my final week at NDCS. I’m leaving to move to the US and lots of exciting new opportunities there. I thought this would be a good opportunity to reflect back on my time working for the best deaf children’s charity out there!
1) Readers of this blog love listicles! Two of our most popular blog posts are this one and this one. So I thought I’d try and replicate that. If you want to have a go, send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Lots of facts on deafness – here’s 11 to get you started
3) We have some great parent campaigners
4) The Policy and Campaigns Team rocks at winning internal competitions – from best at fancy dress, to best Christmas decorations and quiz winners, we are undoubtedly the best team!
5) By working together, we can make a difference – I’m particularly proud of getting a commitment from Birmingham Council to protect services for deaf children in 2014/15. We have to keep working to make sure they keep their commitment.
7) Having Regional Directors in every region of England makes NDCS much more able to challenge cuts at a local level with better knowledge of the area.
10) …And no language is more fun to sing in than sign language!
13) Freedom of Information requests are a great way of finding out what is happening across the country to services for deaf children.
14) NDCS works internationally – not just in the UK!
15) Some great deaf awareness tips from working around deaf staff
16) International Lumberjack Day exists.
17) NDCS works with thousands of families each year, addressing all levels of deafness
19) The staff and volunteers at NDCS all work really hard to make the world that little bit better for deaf children – please continue to support them!